Date of Last Revision: November 3, 2022
The MBS Group, together with its affiliates (collectively referred to herein as “MBS”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). MBS is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of the Personal Information (defined below) that it collects and uses from users of our websites (“Sites”). When we refer to “you” or “your” we are referring to users of our Sites.
* * *
When we use the term “Personal Information,” we mean information from or about an identifiable person or that we can associate with an individual person, such as a real name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment or other financial information, or location information. When other information is directly associated with Personal Information, such as bank account information, we treat this other information as Personal Information. Information that is public, aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized, or otherwise exempted from data privacy laws, will not be considered Personal Information with respect to rights under those laws.
We may collect or process the following categories of Personal Information about you:
- Contact Information. You may choose to affirmatively provide information about yourself to us in connection with our Services or otherwise, including your name and contact information (including email address and postal address). You can choose not to provide us with this Personal Information.
- Financial Information. If you invest with us, we collect your financial information, including bank name, account number, and routing information.
- Technical Information. We also may collect certain technical and other information automatically generated by your device about how you use the Sites for the operation and improvement of the Sites. Such information can entail collection and processing of browser information, operating system information, unique device identifiers or your IP address, referring Sites, visit metrics, action metrics, page view metrics, search metrics, and others.
- Website Usage. This information may be collected through technologies provided by third parties. Information that might be collected using these technologies includes, for example, the pages you visit on the Sites, the paths you take within the Sites, and the length of time that you spend on the Sites. We use this information in the aggregate in order to better understand how to improve the quality of the Sites.
Cookies and Web Analytics
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Information in the following ways: if you have previously agreed to us using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may opt out at any time by notifying us at email@example.com. In addition, if you wish to unsubscribe to any marketing or sales email lists you can do so at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in each email.
We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you. When you voluntarily give us information—for example, through an online form on our Site to register your support or receive project updates—including name, contact information (e.g., email address and postal address), and company name, or otherwise contact us, we may use this information to contact you directly, and send you materials and other items. We may also target advertising, marketing, or notification materials to you based on information you provide, including, for example, your zip code. If we contact you by email in compliance with applicable law, you can in any case opt-out of receiving future emails from us at any time by following the instructions in the email or notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To improve our products and Services, and perform analyses on the information we collect. We collect information to generally improve, develop, and understand our products and Services, including improving our Sites, soliciting feedback regarding our Services, and understanding and analyzing support for our projects and Services.
- To deliver Services that you or others request. For example, if you request us to include you on a newsletter, or publish your name as a supporter, we will use your information to fulfill your request.
- To publish and market our Services. If you provide us your information, and elect to permit us to use your name publicly as a supporter for our projects, we will use it to publish and market our Services.
- To assess your application. If you are submitting a job application for the purposes of being considered for employment with MBS, we may use the Personal Information included therein to make a decision about you.
- To process and manage payment of fees. If you remit payment through our website for services we provide, we may use your Personal Information to process and manage the payment.
The information you provide will be maintained for a commercially reasonable period of time by MBS for administrative, liability, and archival purposes, but in no event for longer than seven (7) years after the termination of our contractual relationship.
MBS has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under our control, including by employing organizational, technological, contractual, administrative and/or physical measures to protect the Personal Information that we collect. While we make reasonable efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties from illegally obtaining this information. You agree and acknowledge that MBS will not be liable or responsible if any information about you is intercepted, accessed, and/or used by an unintended recipient. If you have reason to believe that the security of your communications or Personal Information has been compromised, please immediately notify us at: email@example.com.
The Sites are not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or process Personal Information from persons under age 16. If we learn that we have collected the personally identifying information of a user under the age of 16, we will take steps to delete the concerned information. If you have reason to believe that MBS has collected information from persons under 16, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are under the age of 16 and wish to submit an application or other Personal Information to us, please contact email@example.com for further information about obtaining parental consent.
We do not sell the Personal Information of children under the age of 16, or any Personal Information.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, California Civil Code Sections 1798.100 et seq. (CCPA), may additionally afford rights to our users and customers who are California residents, with respect to Personal Information as defined by the CCPA. For example, California residents may have a right to:
(1) know about the Personal Information we have collected about you and make a request—twice in a 12-month period, free of charge— for information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you during the 12-month period prior to the request; and
(2) request deletion of personal information under certain circumstances.
MBS does not discriminate against our users and customers on the basis of their exercising any of their rights afforded by the CCPA, which is further in accordance with California residents’ rights under that title. While the CCPA also allows consumers to opt out of the sale of Personal Information, we do not sell Personal Information.
California residents may exercise the rights described above by submitting a verifiable request to us by contacting us using the information outlined described below. We will first acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days after receipt of your request. We will provide a substantive response to your request within 45 calendar days after its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days or the permitted timeframe), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will verify your identity using information you have previously provided to us. You may also authorize an agent to submit a request on your behalf, so long as you provide the authorized agent written permission to request on your behalf, and your authorized agent is able to verify their identity with us. We may ask you to verify your name, contact information, and other information you may have provided us, in order to verify your identity.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to annually request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information (if any) to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. MBS does not share Personal Information to third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
We are subject to applicable privacy laws in Canada, including the British Columbia Personal Information Protection Act, the Alberta Personal Information Protection Act, and the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and we endeavor to ensure that all collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information through the Sites is fully compliant with the laws of each province.
The Personal Information we collect through the Sites is collected and used by MBS and stored on servers based in the United States. We may share some information with our service providers to help maintain, improve or trouble-shoot the website or to provide services to our customers. For users in the province of Quebec, your Personal Information will be transferred, processed, used, stored and disclosed outside of Quebec.
Under Canadian privacy legislation, you have the right to request access to your Personal Information within our custody and control. To make a request for access to Personal Information please contact us at Attention: Legal Department, 1600 Rosecrans Avenue, Manhattan Beach, California 90266, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response to provide you with your information promptly.
You also have the right to request correction of your Personal Information and to be told how your information is collected, used and disclosed by us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, at the above-noted email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Personal Information collected by MBS will be retained only for as long as there is a legitimate business or legal reason to do so and when that is no longer the case, the Personal Information will be securely destroyed. Personal Information that is used to make a decision about a user will be retained by MBS for at least one year after the information is used to make the decision.
From time to time users visit our website from areas outside of Canada and the United States. To the extent that they apply, we also seek to voluntarily comply with all personal data protection laws within and outside of North America. Under such foreign laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation in the European Economic Community, some users may have access to additional rights and remedies in relation to how their Personal Information is collected, used and disclosed, such as the right to object to the processing of personal data, the right to require that personal data be erased, the right to request the restriction or suspension of processing data, the right to require the transfer of personal data or to obtain it in a portable format and the right to file complaints.
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you always have the right to withdraw that consent, provided this will not affect the validity of any processing that occurred prior to such withdrawal of consent.